Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

neutron1 t1_iuan2g1 wrote

New York State's crime rate and homicide rate are lower than average, and lower than most red states.

New York City's homicide rate is lower than New York State's homicide rate, and NYC is the safest big city in the country.

We're doing fairly well.

Despite propaganda, facts remain facts. Sorry bout it.

akaneel t1_iuasqik wrote

"Sorry you got pushed on the subway tracks, but at least the homicide rate is low!"

neutron1 t1_iub9uti wrote

Chances of getting killed on the subway at all - homicide, suicide, accident, are FAR lower than chances of death from driving in a car.

And notice how all the people who are talking about crime don't talk about subway track barriers - something that actually would reduce or eliminate these deaths - it's all about more cops and more power for cops, or just nebulous complaining without any actual solutions.

−13

Due_Masterpiece_3601 t1_iuanj0i wrote

I'm a nyer. Crime is up year to year. That is the fact. It doesn't matter if it's lower than somewhere else, the only city I care about is here and it's obviously gotten worse.

Holiday-Intention-52 t1_iubuorr wrote

You have to be blind to not see the increase in crime and mentally distributed people over the last 4 years.

Almost everyone with kids in my neighborhood has moved out due to the crime. You can't scream "propaganda" to stuff we see with our own eyes and videos of innocent people being attacked. I don't care if the Post says that everyone is being assaulted every 5 minutes while the NY Times posts endless statistics about how safe we are.

I can see clear as day how bad things have gotten. I'm not going to disbelieve my own eyes no matter what you or anyone else says. I know how safe the city was from 2008 until 2019ish. This isn't it.

BigBerthasHandle t1_iuk85bt wrote

The only people saying this is some far right propoganda are transplants who don't give a flying fuck about New York. Anyone who actually knows this city knows it's on the decline.

rblbl t1_iueyf7m wrote

It could be much lower without Hochul and Adams.