Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

TonyzTone t1_iwqzlh7 wrote

Man, I remember one night I was out super late/early morning. Trains were garbage going back to Queens but completely worthless once I got to Queensboro Plaza; just not running to Ditmars at all.

I got out of the station and hopped into a cab on Crescent like a block up from the entrance into the 59 Street Bridge. "Going to XX in Astoria, please." You could tell dude was not happy with having to go back and miss the rush hour in Manhattan.

He basically ignored my request and proceeded to get onto the bridge. I told him to stop fucking around, let me out, and I had to walk alongside the on-ramp for the bridge and find another cab willing to take me to Astoria.

palaminocamino t1_iwswm0f wrote

I hope you reported that guy. These people are all under super strict rules enforced by the taxi, limousine, commission. My relate was a nyc judge for tlc, you’re input absolutely has ramifications for these guys — just so everyone knows.

unlimitedshredsticks t1_iwudd4e wrote

I have an open TLC complaint about an overcharge thats been open since august despite them telling me I’d hear back within a month. So im not confident

palaminocamino t1_iwukurm wrote

I can’t speak for all of them, but I was always called back in a few weeks. It’s a big system, who knows what’s happened with your case, sorry to hear though.

TonyzTone t1_iwtfvlp wrote

No, it was like 4:30 in the morning.

EDIT: …and so I wasn’t focused on trying to get this driver’s info.

heptothejive t1_iwtxe0o wrote

That’s really neither here nor there. Naturally you’d report this during business hours.

TonyzTone t1_iwusxj2 wrote

The point being I was more focused on getting home than taking down the cab number and info.