Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Lost_sidhe t1_iy4j439 wrote

You won't. It's an endless cycle of attempting to chat with people, and then getting too busy, and then they're too busy, and then you're too busy, then one has a kid, and another moves, repeat forever.

Canyousourcethatplz t1_iy4m9ec wrote

Is that NYC or just getting old?

Chav t1_iy4ncsq wrote

Depending on how willing you are to travel, if they don't live in your neighborhood or a few stops away, meeting up regularly can be a pain. In the suburbs, I assume they drive to each others houses or the local chilis or something to hang out.

Canyousourcethatplz t1_iy4whis wrote

>meeting up regularly can be a pain

This is so hard to explain to people not from here. From where I live, to get to my friends in brooklyn, its a 90 min train commute minimum.

Thats the same amount of time it takes to drive to Philly, or fly to Chicago. Even tho the distance may be small, actually getting to see someone in NYC can take alot of time.

Lost_sidhe t1_iy4oqf0 wrote

I dunno, I've never gotten old anywhere else. I will say from friends back home, "old" just seems to start a helluva lot earlier. Plus being stuck with the same people from high school forever... *shudder*

Canyousourcethatplz t1_iy4x14k wrote

>plus being stuck with the same people from high school forever... *shudder*

It's hard for me to convey how much I agree with this statement lol. There is something about NYC being so active all the time that makes you feel younger. Part of me thinks that this sentiment is just life. I think as people get older, with the demands of work, relationships/families, and everything else, it often means less time to chill with friends.