Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

TwoCats_OneMan t1_izl9hei wrote

The kids could act like respectable members of society and defer to their elders. Motherfuckers are already riding their scooters all over the fucking sidewalk.

−95

bedstuybk t1_izl9wew wrote

I read this recently, and it really fits well here:

“Sometimes people use “respect” to mean “treating someone like a person” and sometimes they use “respect” to mean “treating someone like an authority” and sometimes people who are used to being treated like an authority say “if you won’t respect me I won’t respect you” and they mean “if you won’t treat me like an authority I won’t treat you like a person” and they think they’re being fair but they aren’t, and it’s not okay.”

The kids were acting like kids, but the “elders” to which you refer were acting like spoiled babies when they should have acted like responsible adults— and that’s why they got banned from the park.

There’s a lesson for you in this, buddy.

JubeltheBear t1_izlbjrv wrote

/u/TwoCats_OneMan is a troll man. Just ignore him. I also think he's like... legit not the brightest bulb. Not worth your time. Just block and ignore...

And pray he doesn't vote or teach or something...

edit: if limp dick replies, someone please tell him I blocked him...

TwoCats_OneMan t1_izlbqfd wrote

I'm happy I've given you someone to put down to make yourself feel better today.

−11

bedstuybk t1_izlchnd wrote

Facing the consequences of your actions is not a state of victimhood.

TwoCats_OneMan t1_izlb154 wrote

No, the kids were acting like spoiled kids, and the elders were acting like adults.

−3

bedstuybk t1_izlboz0 wrote

Explain how bullying children and forcefully taking up all of the courts in their playground - to the point where the city has to intercede - is “acting like adults”?

TwoCats_OneMan t1_izlburv wrote

It's adults staking their rightfully won ground. The kids can go play elsewhere.

−1

bedstuybk t1_izlc2y7 wrote

You’re describing a schoolyard fight, in a kid’s playground, and claiming that it’s something that defines a group as “adult”.

Have you had a recent head injury?

> The kids can go play elsewhere.

According to the Parks Department, the so-called “adults” will have to go play elsewhere.

Edit: spelling, etc.