Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

sysyphusishappy t1_izp429d wrote

🤣 Why can't you answer my question? We start at 90%. What does it compound to over half an hour?

[deleted] t1_izp4fbs wrote

I've answered your question. You are just refusing to recognize reality at this point. Pandemics are created due to unchecked transmission of a contagious disease.

sysyphusishappy t1_izp9crk wrote

No you didn't. We start at 90% risk of infection. What does it compound to in half an hour?

[deleted] t1_izpa6gq wrote

Yes, I did. Go reread my posts and do the math yourself. Your little contrived example isn't how this works. Pandemics occur over large geographic areas in the span of months and years. Much of the transmission is in passing and not in small rooms where people are sitting together for a long time -- that's what the lockdowns/social distancing target. Duh.

sysyphusishappy t1_izqfbu7 wrote

> Much of the transmission is in passing and not in small rooms where people are sitting together for a long time

Any evidence for this? Also, the idea that letting through 90% of COVID aerosols magically stops the spread despite the laws of physics is pretty amusing.

[deleted] t1_izqiskx wrote

It's amusing that you think letting through 100% has the same effect as letting through 90%. You don't seem that great at physics, tbh.