Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Misommar1246 t1_j0lqdvv wrote

Same as you - vaccinated, boosted, still masked and I caught some type of flu that knocked me out BAD for a week. I had forgotten how bad it feels to get sick as I haven’t come down with anything for 3 years now until this virus around Thanksgiving. Still didn’t catch covid though so there’s that. I think wearing a mask protects me but it would be much more effective if people who feel sick wore one too, because there’s a lot of maskless folks hacking and coughing their lungs out on the trains.

Where-is-J t1_j0ro64z wrote

Completely agree. Never understood those who hack their lungs out or sneezing all over the place openly without at least covering their mouth and noses. ESPECIALLY after all that was learned from the pandemic. I mean, did these ppl forget all those scientific studies of how those droplets spread into the air and affect those nearby with vs without a mask? Did we not all watch the same videos and go through the same lessons?!? At the very least, use a tissue or cough/sneeze into something… anything other than open air that can affect others.