Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

mowotlarx t1_j4b7eir wrote

You don't have to wait. You could do that right now!

TRDBG t1_j4b8h3y wrote

Unfortunately I work for the city so I'm stuck for now

mowotlarx t1_j4bicjg wrote

You're not stuck. Pension sucks, pay is low, vesting is only 5 years for the pittance you get. Go ahead. Move away for the low taxes. Byeeeee!

−5

TRDBG t1_j4bj923 wrote

I'm about a year away, then adios!

mowotlarx t1_j4bsl3h wrote

You'll find you get exactly what you pay for when you move to Red States with low taxes.

−1

TRDBG t1_j4bw2ze wrote

That's the idea! I'll see you there!

elNational t1_j4c3pgi wrote

What perks exactly does someone working get in ny with the high taxes that you wouldn’t get in a low tax state?

someone_whoisthat t1_j4c80k9 wrote

Easy availability of homeless shelters, drug dens, and public schools so good you avoid them at all costs.

mowotlarx t1_j4c50el wrote

Higher quality of life. Better education. Better health outcomes. More job opportunities. Regardless of what Fox tells you, we are in one of the safest cities and states. You will literally have a longer life in blue states.

Look at the list of states that rank top and bottom of quality of life issues. It's blood red at the bottom of the list for a reason.

elNational t1_j4cbnee wrote

Qol is great in nyc if you’re a top earner, and cities are your thing. Anyone at the bottom is delusional to to live there

Length of life isn’t just because they pay taxes, plenty has to do with lifestyle as well and what you chose to eat.

mowotlarx t1_j4cfouu wrote

People who live "at the bottom" in high tax states have a much better shot of getting the public services they need to keep them housed and fed.

And why do you think undereducated people in impoverished red states eat "bad food"? Where do you think most of the food deserts are in this country? Where in this country is access to healthy food, especially for low income people who need food benefits, unavailable? Low tax states that don't take care of their people.