Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Suspicious-Kiwi123 t1_jaa3xbj wrote

1. Pay off the debt. It's a 12% return on your money
  2. Take the $130/m and set it aside. In 12 months, you have your $1500 investment.
  3. Sell stuff on eBay, CL or get a side hustle and come up with $1500 with the $130/m even faster
  4. Reduce eating out, cancel Netflix, cut your expenses to NOTHING other than committed expenses, and add this to your $130/m and #3 above

Stay out of debt at all costs until you have drastically changed your lifestyle. Why do you want to work to give other people your money?

Maece t1_jaa8azi wrote

12% is crazy expensive. That debt should be paid down as quickly as possible. You are talk about putting a project on a Lowe's CC, what's the interest rate on that one? How long do you think you will carry that debt?

Maece t1_jaa9dd0 wrote

If you have the option of having a loan at 0% or a loan at 12%, I know which I would take. Obviously, that CC won't be at 0% forever, but if you are confident you can pay it down before the rate resets, you would come out ahead. That said, the rate on that CC is going to reset to something like 27%, which is even more insane, so before taking on that debt, be damn sure you can pay it back before it resets.

SpaceCadetSponchy t1_jaa9wj0 wrote

Right, I’d only have 12months to pay it down. I’m positive I could do that just worried that paying off the 12% loan would wipe our account. I see your point though thank you seems like the better option

Stock-Freedom t1_jaacntk wrote

In the future, avoid getting into this situation but not over withholding. You are restricting yourself for no reason. You do not want a massive tax refund. You want bigger checks.

Go to the free IRS withholding calculator and enter your values. Then update your W4 with your employer.