Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

GMUcovidta t1_ja9oh9x wrote

Go to therapy- this really has nothing to do with personal finance

rdjnel59 t1_ja9sln9 wrote

Not a problem I ever had but maybe create a monthly budget item for Miscellaneous Pleasures (how is that for a title), šŸ˜„. Could do the same for Annual Vacations. Then, maybe it will feel less like you are ā€œbreaking your disciplineā€ as you are just spending what youā€™ve allotted. Just a stupid thought to share.

Liquidretro t1_ja9toh5 wrote

I agree but it sounds like they already have a budget category for that, and have a hard time deciding to use it.

rdjnel59 t1_ja9we1r wrote

In that case maybe get a spouse to ā€œhelpā€ you spend it. šŸ˜„šŸ˜„šŸ˜„

KungFuDoggo t1_jaah44k wrote

Iā€™m single by choice, unfortunately itā€™s not my choice

KungFuDoggo t1_jaah8v4 wrote

I have a bucket set up for vacations in my savings account, but as another Redditor mentioned, I have a hard time using it. I donā€™t know how to get over the mental bump.

frznmachine t1_jabqkq3 wrote

Think about it this way - youā€™re maxing out your IRA and contributing a good amount to your 401k, assuming this continues for the next few decades youā€™ll be well set up in retirement in your 50s or 60s. Do you only wanna go vacation then when youā€™re old and joints hurt?

If you have money saved up for vacations or other leisureā€™s, use it. No need to feel guilty about it, if you want something nice get it, if you want to vacation then you should. Saving money isnā€™t just about having it for the future, but also having some to enjoy in the current moment.

lastingfreedom t1_ja9qejw wrote

Give all your money to charity and do good works with your time and effort.

−1