Submitted by Luffy158 t3_1284bz9 in personalfinance

So for me it says payment due on may 12, we’ll let you know the minimum amount after April 18th

( CREDIT LINE IS $200)

I’ve been using the credit card for lunch at work, and gas. And I’ve been making a couple payments off (3 total, 34, 27, 67$.)

Is it ok to pay some off before statement balance is out? Because by April 18th, I’ll have 0 credit $ until I pay it off, that’s why I’ve been making a couple payments here and there.

Capital one told me on the phone that’s the approach they recommend their customers to do, if you have the money in your account, it’s ok to pay a couple things before statement balance is out.

Here’s a breakdown on how much I’ve spent so far.

May 27 - $27.30, $13.59 $16.95

May 28th - 2.59$ 11.55 $ ( made 2 payments that day, 27.30$ and 34$

March 29th 6.96, 2.97 & 67$

March 30 - $6.36 $20 and paid off 67$

31st $11.22, 8.93, 9.23 & 10$

Right now my balance is 46.47$ due but the ones for the 31st didn’t get added on my balance.

If I don’t pay any of this before April 18th, I’ll end up having 0 credit by then until I pay it off.

( this is my first ever credit card so idk if this is ok to make a couple payments. )

Comments