Submitted by RAM_667 t3_yirnov in personalfinance

I got a new car six months ago, someone else was driving it, not named on my insurance and there was a crash where they could be found at fault. I do not have physical damage insurance, I did not know I needed it on a new car until now. I'm worried and want to know other people's thoughts and opinions, it just happened a couple hours ago, still developing.

Does it matter that someone not named on my insurance was driving it? I bought a new car before, at the same dealership, where the salesperson set up the insurance for me and added comprehensive and collision. This recent one, there was no mention of it, yes, it was in the contract but they let me leave without having that type of insurance. Are they going to make me pay all at once, or take my car?

Comments