Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

NotQuiteGoodEnougher t1_j6osuku wrote

Then maybe be a little more pointed and a little less general. For the 5-7 year timeframe the OP is in before the 10 year statute of limitations expires, they are ABSOLUTELY able to engage in a payment plan, and hopefully cover their taxes in arrears.

From you posting, I suppose you score a point for 'absolutism' but accomplish little else.

Yay! You're technically correct, but also wrong. I suppose in one sense though it simply points out that the IRS wants their money. You can make a payment plan, and if it's within the timeframe they will play softball.

If you're up against the wall on the 10 year limit, they'll just bend you over and take what they are owed, with a little less nuance and care.

Also, never ever said "they don't care how long it takes". Go back and read again, none of my previous comments are edited. Perhaps you're in such a hurry to make such a non-point you were misreading? It certainly didn't come from my mouth. I specifically noted the 10 year timeframe.

Ease up, Francis.

tmoney144 t1_j6ouegk wrote

I know what you said, that's why I emphasized YOU when I responded to what you said. I was originally responding to someone else.

If you aren't concerned about being "technically correct" then maybe don't give advice to people that can fuck their life up.

You know, you could have also just said "oops, I didn't know that," when confronted with the fact that you were wrong instead of... whatever it is you think you're trying to do.

−2

NotQuiteGoodEnougher t1_j6owcis wrote

What exactly did I give that was factually incorrect?

The IRS will work with you to work out a payment plan? (check)

You have 10 years? (check)

If you don't work out a plan, they can seize/sell assets? (check)

I was wrong that the plans end at the end of 10 years. You however, were also wrong to imply that was the end of the discussion. Carefully leaving out the additional powers the IRS can employ to 'get the money' before the 10 years are up.

I think you're arguing with me, while taking issue with another poster. Try harder.

tmoney144 t1_j6ox5vn wrote

> What exactly did I give that was factually incorrect?

> I was wrong that the plans end at the end of 10 years

I apologize if correcting you has upset you. In the future, I will be more mindful of correcting your false information so as not to hurt your feelings.

−7

NotQuiteGoodEnougher t1_j6oxu5m wrote

Lol hilarious. The double down I can't admit I've been arguing with the wrong person defense.

You're a hoot at parties I imagine.

tmoney144 t1_j6ozmyh wrote

> The debt doesn't 'expire' if it's being serviced through payments.

> it absolutely does. You're kidding right?

>I was wrong that the plans end at the end of 10 years.

What's that about a "double down?"

Again, I know who I'm responding to. That's why I said "I was responding to a comment" (not "your comment") when talking about the post that wasn't you, and then said "YOU then said" when talking about what YOU said.

−3