Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

IPA_lot_ t1_j6uo23q wrote

None of those carpet seats are best.

fungi_blastbeat t1_j6uok1v wrote

Anyone remember the video of the bed bug infestation on the fabric seats?

IPA_lot_ t1_j6uovvd wrote

Whoa that sounds horrific. Never saw it.

EnemyOfEloquence t1_j6uubnt wrote

It's the worst probably don't watch it

IPA_lot_ t1_j6uuvef wrote

Just saw it. That’s wild. Do they still have carpet seats on buses?

AbsentEmpire t1_j6uzfpl wrote

They were supposed to replace them with plastic seats after that bed bug incident, and to a large extent they have. However several routes notably the 17, 64, and Rt 15 trolley substitute buses, along with older buses near the end of their usable life, are still the gross fabric seats.

mklinger23 t1_j6v8909 wrote

Luckily, I'm pretty sure we're getting new buses at some point this year or early next year that will replace the last buses with clothe seats.

am_pomegranate t1_j6x5l13 wrote

The plastic seats are way less scary, but all new busses means the classic voice will be gone. I like it way more than the tts the new busses have, but willing to say goodbye to it to remove fear of bedbugs and fluid-absorbing.

AbsentEmpire t1_j6z55ok wrote

It was supposed to just be a retro fit project, many buses that had fabric seats were completely replaced by plastic bucket seats and kept going. It's a mystery to me why most of the bus fleet was retrofitted with just a few lines left untouched for years.

aj1337h t1_j6uv83n wrote

no theyre hard and at a 30 degree angle with little spikes for the birds

EnemyOfEloquence t1_j6uvb0o wrote

(Like op) it happens every once in a while. It's rare tho, but it sucks when I get stuck on one and it's all I can think about.

loveyourground t1_j6x76bo wrote

When I used to take the El, any time I boarded a train that still had the fabric seats, I cringed. I don't miss playing the "Is This Seat Wet Or Just Cold?" game.

thesehalcyondays t1_j6wd7t3 wrote

That’s reserved for the bus drivers friend. I have no business sitting there.

BigShawn424 t1_j74wxns wrote

this is the seat in the back, I think you are thinking about “The throne”

am_pomegranate t1_j6x549o wrote

Great when you don't have a backpack. It's a lot easier to carry them in your lap when the bag can lean on a wall of back of another seat. Single seats are always great though, if they weren't sideways they'd be the greatest thing ever.

lucasj OP t1_j6xhyis wrote

Maybe it’s because I’m tall but the sideways seats are far superior in my opinion.

am_pomegranate t1_j6xmai5 wrote

Ah, I'm 5'6 so my backpack slides off my lap in the sideways ones.

ZealousidealShift880 t1_j6xdujw wrote

There is one like this, with a barrier on the side, on the Broad St line. My kids love it