Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Moose2157 t1_j8ncoxf wrote

Amazed someone came out. Meanwhile the house next to my parents’ is literally crumbling—rowhomes, to boot—and they can’t get L&I or 311 or anyone to do anything, and this is potentially a live and death matter.

Still, glad some parts of the machine actually work.

Animalmother172 t1_j8oio0g wrote

L&I department specifically is a hot mess (not saying that other city departments don’t have their issues). Bad upper management, poor worker retention and too little new hiring means not enough inspectors that can actually come out to enforce codes. Even other city departments have trouble getting them to help with enforcement for issues when it’s their responsibility.

DrJawn t1_j8nw6gb wrote

Yeah I have two crumblers I can see from my back bedroom

yzdaskullmonkey t1_j8onjp3 wrote

I was on Frankford Ave getting some wine at 5pm on Monday and a piece of the roof next door came crumbling down on the sidewalk, it's a god damn miracle no one was hurt. Literally on Frankford Ave, one of the busiest pedestrian roads in the fishtown area, right after work let's out.

yzdaskullmonkey t1_j8onkod wrote

I was on Frankford Ave getting some wine at 5pm on Monday and a piece of the roof next door came crumbling down on the sidewalk, it's a god damn miracle no one was hurt. Literally on Frankford Ave, one of the busiest pedestrian roads in the fishtown area, right after work let's out.