Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

99centstalepretzel t1_j8ybi4q wrote

Highland Orchards. Best bang for your buck. I've been with them for close to 10 years, and others do not even come close in terms of price and quality.

ponte95ma t1_j8yezl7 wrote

Their website explains:

>Purchase a CSA gift card to support our farm when financial resources are limited. Your gift card purchase (Dec-May) makes funds available for us to plan, prune, plant, and prepare for the busy growing season (May-Nov).
>
>Unlike traditional CSAs, you choose when, which kinds, and how much fruit and vegetables you want to take home. Your CSA card can be used on fresh in season produce, or any other great items offered in our Farm Market and Bakery.

Maybe I'm missing something: you buy a gift card ... to spend ... only at Highland's farm market ... in West Chester?

How often/far are you travelling for that CSA?

−1

99centstalepretzel t1_j8yfs18 wrote

Highland Orchards CSA - NOT the farmer's market. Their farmer's market (what you found), and the CSA are based out of two different locations. It's run by the same family.

Pick-up locations.

ponte95ma t1_j904820 wrote

Okay, that makes more sense. It wouldn't have occurred to me to scroll past the top search results, down to the Highland Orchards in Wilmington.

And it turns out that they deliver on the same day ... to the same place ... where I pick up my CSA that is not Highlands Orchards.

Between their SEO and their brick-and-mortar marketing, I wouldn't have known about Highland Orchards (DE) -- so thanks for the tip, Reddit ftw again!