Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

dotcom-jillionaire t1_j9kdscm wrote

did nutter actually say "i'm exploring a run for mayor"? that whole 2 week episode just seemed like political gossip, which then required nutter to come out and say "no" so he could put an end to it.

as for brand, i know he was an occasional talking head on CNN but not sure he's even doing that anymore.

i feel like former politicians, who definitely have their own interests, can make for good hosts in these types of forums. journalists really don't play hardball or hold the subject accountable, especially when it comes to politics, lest their organization be denied some kind of access down the road (which is its own conflict of interest).

EDIT: thanks for the downvotes i guess?

a-german-muffin t1_j9kw50l wrote

> did nutter actually say "i'm exploring a run for mayor"? that whole 2 week episode just seemed like political gossip, which then required nutter to come out and say "no" so he could put an end to it.

Nutter didn't, but those in his circle/the wider Democratic party were somewhere between nudging and pressuring him to jump into the race, which was largely what those stories were about (and which arguably represented a part of the push, since the publicity didn't leave much room for him to continue to chill on the fence).