Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

goalieamd t1_j7hhmxw wrote

That’s my car 🙃. Today was so much fun.

Sure_Sun_9716 t1_j7i2h71 wrote

I found your car this morning on my run at 5:30a and called the police. I’m so so sorry! But so glad you weren’t hurt.

goalieamd t1_j7i58cy wrote

Thank you so much for calling the police! They were able to inform me around 630am while I was trying to take my dog out before work.

baldude69 t1_j7ifbmh wrote

Wow Philly Reddit is such a small world. Sorry for your loss

illy-chan t1_j7hhxdf wrote

Shit. Sorry to hear it.

goalieamd t1_j7hiam5 wrote

Thanks man! Already got a rental and insurance is going to take care of everything. It’s just annoying, I just got it 2 months ago and now I have to go through the new car process again.

illy-chan t1_j7hivyt wrote

At least the insurance doesn't sound like they're yanking your chain.

Wishing you better luck on the next car.

mundotaku t1_j7hibwf wrote

Hopefully, insurance will cover it and you can buy something better (aka not a Hyundai/KIA)

goalieamd t1_j7hilbl wrote

Insurance is going to cover everything which is awesome. It’s just annoying I had just gotten the car 2 months ago and now I have to go through the whole new car process again.

mundotaku t1_j7hkajf wrote

If I were you, I would be happy. Your insurance rate probably was a lot higher than it needed to be for a comparable car. I advise you to look into buying a Mazda or a Toyota, even if it is a little bit older.

goalieamd t1_j7hkqf9 wrote

I haven't even started looking yet but thank you for the advice!

ColdJay64 t1_j7hnimi wrote

I was about to ask what new cars you were considering. +1 on the Mazda suggestion.

NoWarButMyWar t1_j7icr74 wrote

I got hit with Hyundai insurance penalty this year it seems probably just gonna sell it now since once already two guys tried to carjack me around last Christmas. Fuck driving in this city.

ItsAllInYourHead t1_j7hygk3 wrote

Not trying to be a dick, just curious: Were you aware of all the news circulating about how easy it is to steal Hyundais and Kias these days? I'm genuinely curious if buyers don't know; don't care; are told their model isn't affected; etc...

goalieamd t1_j7hyt4b wrote

I didn’t know until after we purchased the car about the TikTok challenge and what not. We also weren’t told that the cars were targeted. It’s my fault for not doing more research. We were kinda in a bad spot at the time and needed a car ASAP and that car was available and in our budget.