Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

ButtSoupCarlton t1_ja7qyh3 wrote

The Dutch on Passyunk does it with a maple gravy

Also like Champs at Temple

cannibowlistic t1_ja81vk0 wrote

Dude that shit is like crack, I've spent many time trying to recreate that whole meal only to get close, but not as good.

monkeymaxx t1_ja7h0wc wrote

Flannel on East Passyunk

CattlemensSteakhouse t1_ja7ezhl wrote

Haven’t been there in a while, but Cedar Park Cafe in West Philly had some killer chicken and waffles last time we went.

uptown_gargoyle t1_ja7grso wrote

I really, really wanna like that place. I wanted it to be the Monk's Cafe to my Seinfeld. But my friend found a literal cockroach literally cooked into her breakfast hash there. They comped us the meal, so no hard feelings but I really wouldn't go back.

Mrmdn333 t1_ja7o85m wrote

Man I might want more than a comped meal for a cockroach cooked into my food.

HelloDoYouHowDo t1_ja7l3e8 wrote

Every time I’ve been there the food is so flavorless and bland. There’s so many great breakfast spots in that area, I have no idea how they got so popular. It’s like going to a Denny’s or something.

-ibgd t1_ja7lwx4 wrote

Hawthornes in south Philly.

UpsideMeh t1_ja9lg2e wrote

Screw that place, they treat their workers, vendors and occasional bands like absolute crap.

RHCPFunk2 t1_ja9twrk wrote

Damn, really? Hawthornes was my answer too, do you have more info about their practices?

UpsideMeh t1_ja9z8en wrote

I worked there for a while, as did many of my friends. They treat you like you are trying to steal from them or get over on them in every interaction. They threatened us physically a lot. They don’t care if your sick in bed or injuried, you have to come in. like way more crazy then any other restaurant I’ve worked. They lie to their workforce when it comes to pay, days off, and are shady af when it comes to payroll. Bands complain all the time that they are offered pay for events and then are offered a few beer tickets at the end of the night instead of agreed upon cash. I still have nightmares from that place.

RHCPFunk2 t1_jaa096y wrote

Holy shit, that sounds terrible. Sorry you went through that, we’re not going back again after hearing that!

CinematicHeart t1_ja6lb7g wrote

Cedar point in fishtown.

h8itorloveit t1_jaa4exd wrote

Sabrina’s Cafe is pretty damn good.

adifferentGOAT t1_ja7fiyy wrote

Answer was Resurrection Ale House before it closed in 2014 😭

dlandis07 t1_ja8bt1j wrote

I randomly had an incredible Chicken & Waffles at 2637brew on 27th & Girard.

It was only available on their brunch menu tho.

Brunch_Included t1_ja9rvqj wrote

Loco Pez is my go to, Fishtown. RIP Full Plate in NoLibs, theirs was incredible and made me sweat.

sandwichpepe t1_ja8qb81 wrote

Ma lessie’s in the market!!!!!! jesus CHRIST it hits so good

Elliott2 t1_ja9knp8 wrote

when i lived in germantown there was a pretty good place on chelten ave iirc.

​

didnt federal donuts also do this? i hear their chicken isn't as good anymore.

BigxMac t1_jad44dr wrote

Champs near 16th and Cecil is solid

JawKneeQuest t1_jadtk5l wrote

Bud and Marilyn's is pretty solid.