Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

floydiandroid t1_j9vy863 wrote

Your daily reminder that a Roosevelt blvd subway was estimated at around $3B 10 years ago (I think) and was estimated to carry 90-100k daily.

Unfamiliar_Word t1_j9vziaq wrote

If I had an organ that was dedicated to cost benefit analyses... which I suppose would be my brain, so this sentence is off to a great start... it would explode at this point.

The Inquirer article about this recent development, a recent interview General Manager and CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICE OMFG SLAY QUEEN Richards and online discussion have all mentioned the Roosevelt Boulevard Subway. Whether it's entirely reasonable or not, a narrative might be emerging that casts it and KoPRail as in opposition. I think that this could be a good thing, because at the very least, SEPTA deserves to be smacked upside the head for its poor decision making about major capital projects. It's riders deserve the Roosevelt Boulevard Subway, but that will be harder, if more worthwhile, to deliver.

I will at least take satisfaction in fantasizing about how Jay Arzu, Representative Solomon and the remarkably effective movement that they have started for the Roosevelt Boulevard Line are giving the senior managers and members of the board of SEPTA ulcers. The best revenge, of course, will be that it actually gets built. (Some relatively encouraging news: Rebecca Rhynhart hasreportedly come out in favor of the Roosevelt Boulevard Subway)

floydiandroid t1_j9vzz7o wrote

I’ve been to both of their sessions and I’m hoping to help be a voice for change within the community. Jay and Jared Solomon are doing good work.