Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

decentchinesefood t1_j8eiyhl wrote

Seconding comment that says East Falls/Manayunk.

A lot of my buyers like the space, trees, and park access that this side of the city provides. We have some good local stuff (restaurants, bars) to walk to - and the home prices are great. Mt. Airy is a good choice, too. East Falls specifically is a progressive and inclusive neighborhood.

$425K is going to get you much more in the Northwest than in Fishtown, frankly. Especially if you're interested in a driveway/parking spot or easier parking in general. Close to downtown Manayunk being the exception here.

The access to Kelly Dr./Schuylkill River Trail is undeniably convenient up here. Plus, the train stations run throughout Northwest Philly to get you to Center City in 15 minutes for the upscale dining and drink spots.

I would not recommend Port Richmond if you want to easy access to the SRT. 676 traffic and/or side streets to cross the city won't be fun - and all just to enjoy the trail.

I realized I stated "my buyers", but also "we". Yes..I am a realtor, but I myself bought in East Falls in 2021 after 10 years in Fishtown. We love it for all the reasons listed above. :)