Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

SupaflyIRL t1_j89me7r wrote

They have capacity limits and people are going to stay the whole game. People are going to be out of luck if they don’t get to a place real early.

Get in early or watch from outside.

ThisHatRightHere t1_j89n52j wrote

But there are plenty of bars that offer reserved seating for groups. Like I’m sure most of the people in this line could’ve had a much easier time if they had any type of foresight.

SupaflyIRL t1_j89nbuu wrote

The people who make reservations for groups and the people who stand in line in the morning to get into a place are a Venn diagram with no cleavage.

ThisHatRightHere t1_j89pbtj wrote

Very fair. Just seems surprising to have people that think enough ahead to be out there first thing in the morning to wait in line but not reserve a spot somewhere.

Then again I’m sure this is mostly college kids and my brain definitely didn’t think these things out too clearly back then either.

SupaflyIRL t1_j89pssq wrote

It’s more norm than exception to have even a full group of like 20 full grown professional adults at prime time not bother to call ahead for even a random night out and just show up.

“Oh it’s not an event it’s just Jeff’s birthday! Anyway there are 20 of us and we’re gonna complain all night about how you’re having trouble accommodating this surprise (to you not Jeff, we’ve all known for weeks)!”

Source: service industry PTSD

LFKhael t1_j8ahtwl wrote

My high school graduation let out at like 10pm? It was a wednesday.

That IHOP went from dead to "Fire marshall's maximum stated capacity" in fifteen minutes.

At least two people quit instantly. The shift manager was cooking and coming out every five minutes to apologize.

We would have left but we were with people. :\