Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ragnaROCKER t1_jan33vf wrote

pasnow t1_jan4hv5 wrote

Thanks, I appreciate it. I cannot tell you how much you think 'it ends now' when someones got a gun pointed to your chest. It also is infuriating ppl thinking Krasners DAO is this well run, only prosecute surefire criminals, yet let the innocent ones or difficult to prove ones go.

Just sitting there, hearing the cases before me. One cop clearly witness a pretty large ($300?) heroin deal in a vacant land next to a bodega type place. Defense asked 'Did you use surveillance video' cop said no we don't use that on a daily basis. Defense asked 'Did you use your cell phone' Cop said he doesn't use his personal phone for work. Things like that, you could tell the cops knew the deal. One was a car theft, undercover cop caught him, guy had numerous priors over just the last 3 or 4 years.

ragnaROCKER t1_janqc8h wrote

true, but we don't know the cops history. could be on the "no trust" list.

i feel yoiu about the "it ends now" thing. it is terrifying.

pasnow t1_jaoammb wrote

>could be on the "no trust" list.

It doesn't go that deep. The questioning lasts about 3-5 minutes and the defense attorney seems like they hadn't even looked at the case prior to the day. They'd speak with the accused for a minute or two before the judge starts.

Honestly, seems like the defense just churns thru them, then clocks out at the end of the shift. Almost like an assembly line working cases. There's no Law & Order and such to it, just a bunch of paperwork on their desk (ie. shuffling papers, 'Ok, which case is next? Hmmm, let's see what its about') Then just shouts out far fetched theories and possibilities. It was deflating.