Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Genkiotoko t1_jawafam wrote

I saw it yesterday. This year is the best it has been in quite a while. All of the exhibits were hits in my opinion. The candy lane section was particularly cool. My one comment on the floral displays is that more than usual exhibits had queues to properly view them. You won't need to actually go through them to see them, but a couple are worthwhile to do so.

The vendors have changed a bit from prior years, yet most have remained the same. The tourism area in the corridor has shrunken drastically, but the activity/kid areas have grown.

THERE IS NO WINE AND LIQUOR TASTING THIS YEAR.

Overall I would say this flower show is worth the price. It is just a matter of whether you like conventions and whatnot. People will talk about the size of the vendor area, but in all reality that is how every single event and expo is.

themightychris t1_jawfikw wrote

>THERE IS NO WINE AND LIQOUR TASTING THIS YEAR.

damn this is the key info I was looking for, usually you could easily drink your whole ticket price lol

Genkiotoko t1_jawh3hr wrote

For real. It was an annual tradition I had, and it absolutely made the flower show more worthwhile.

The info booth I asked just straight up said it was because "too many drunks cause too many problems." Still, they could of limited the size to make people less inebriated afterward. I wouldn't be surprised if Aramark was lobbying for the demise to increase their sales.

giddygumdrop t1_jb0cchg wrote

But getting drunk and harassing the green mountain electric people was my yearly tradition