Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

beck33ers t1_je62i5d wrote

Welcome to my rant: Instead of building the new tower, CHOP should spend the money on care for kids in the city that actually need the health care services… (Sorry, don’t get me wrong CHOP is an amazing hospital and does beyond amazing things, but they don’t take most Medicaid insurances and their charity cases are usually from different countries.) As much as I love all of the things CHOP has done for the world, I wish they would give a little more back to their community. Instead, St. Christophers Hospital for Children in Philly is constantly on the verge of closing with financial issues because of poor Medicaid reimbursement. Legally and logistically though, St. Chris can’t close because the children would have no where to go since CHOP does not take their insurance. St. Chris was actually the better hospital until about the 1990s.

Sorry everyone, and I know I will get tons of downvotes but needed to vent a little because it’s just so aggravating. People always donate to CHOP when they have tonnnnns of money.