Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

zephyrskye t1_je6toks wrote

3600 CCB overbuild. This is my office building (well, technically, though my department mostly works from home now). It’s currently mostly Penn Medicine corporate workers in the building.

The building was designed with the intention to build additional floors down the road….which they’re doing now. I think it’s 9? Floors they’re adding and construction is going to be running until the end of 2024

Jifeeb t1_je7sojy wrote

It’ll be 17 with a 2 level mechanical penthouse….but in typical UPHS fashion, no floor numbered 13. So level 17 is floor 18, etc

Source: work for one the unsuccessful mechanical bidders. Worked on it for 8 months. To lose the job to a bunch of clowns who can’t add.

zephyrskye t1_je7uqqj wrote

Sounds right. I just didn’t feel like digging up all the documents leadership sent us before they kicked off the overbuild.

It’s been fascinating to see how fast this is going. My department was one of the first to move into the building when it opened back in 2018 and I don’t think any of us expected them to expand this soon

Sorry you lost out on the bid 😢 can’t imagine how much it must suck to put all that work in for naught