Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

mortgagepants t1_jdvbt6c wrote

yeah for sure. the trolley's will make a huge difference for connectivity. the loop is there in front of Byrne's tavern- i would guess it would be a 10-15 minute ride down to frankford and girard. that will be a game changer for that neighborhood.

skemojoe t1_jdvj235 wrote

Now that the busses are traveling on the trolley route, you can get to Frankford/Girard from Richmond/Westmoreland in 10 minutes. It almost feels like an express bus too with more space between stops on Richmond.

mortgagepants t1_jdvjake wrote

oh nice hopefully the headways stay the same when the trolleys are running. i'm just imagining someone leaving their car on the tracks "to run in and get some smokes" or something.

Glass_Fensters t1_jdvnqsj wrote

They don't have enough trolleys to run full frequency so they will be supplemented with buses, but operator shortages are still the biggest challenge to maintaining headways.

baldude69 t1_je0nboj wrote

Honestly, it's under 10 during non-peak hours. The bus can really fly down Delaware and then if it doesn't stop many times going down Girard its taken me as little as 7/8 minutes to get from Westmoreland to Frankford before