You must log in or register to comment.

dag2001 t1_iufb28d wrote

“Extra good”?

They are reimbursed details.

CHNGryphus OP t1_iufbm08 wrote

Ok, money relationship I guess

−26

Sir-Jawn t1_iufdexk wrote

If by “money” relationship you mean “contractual” relationship, then yes.

Utter_cockwomble t1_iufdz88 wrote

Target pays the City/PPD for sworn, uniformed, off-duty police officers.

Oh_Who_Cares_ffs t1_iufa7cl wrote

I guess target coughs up what Wawa doesn't.

DisciplineShot2872 t1_iufj10p wrote

If we had a cop in every Wawa in the city would there be any left to be anywhere else?

Series_G t1_iufui38 wrote

Are they actually anywhere else? Maybe they are off duty on disability pay.

DisciplineShot2872 t1_iufupaf wrote

That's fair. To be honest I used to see far more cops in rural southern Arizona than I do here on a daily basis.

ColdJay64 t1_iuf9s6z wrote

Off-duty officers working OT as security. I worked at a grocery store in Norfolk, VA in college - it had the same thing. And this was 2011-2014, pre-any sort of riots.

CHNGryphus OP t1_iufbzqg wrote

Can they wear the police uniform, badge and use the police cruiser for that off-duty second job? I guess the question is -- is that something on the officer-level or on the police department level

MikeyUtah23 t1_iufcim8 wrote

Its on duty. Its within the dept. Its called reimbursable ot. Target pays the dept for it

IPA_lot_ t1_iufgwmg wrote

You sound mad that stores have extra security lol

Lunamothknits t1_iufdixe wrote

What everyone else said, it’s police OT, and they’re at more than just targets.

Genesisthe2nd t1_iufbpqz wrote

Because bums always trot in bothering people and trying to touch products so they can get it free. That’s why the stores hire officers.

THATDUDEROBO t1_iufc883 wrote

The Target at Synder Plaza has a cop posted there as well

TrentonMakes t1_iugta3n wrote

A neighbor of mine does loss prevention at Target. He told me that they’re not allowed to engage anyone shoplifting anymore, so corporate made contracts with the PPD. He said they just page the cop who’s typically standing by the entrance on a walkie talkie to stop a shoplifter, then the processing gets started right there.

Purrogi t1_iufxx0m wrote

Target at Bustleton and Cottman has a cop in a cop car outside all the time.

tastycakebiker t1_iuhtdh8 wrote

Feel like OP was trying to stick one to major corps here, being able to have extra security due to their resources

Wuz314159 t1_iufgx71 wrote

You go to any store up here in Reading and there are 3-5 store employees on the register or whatnot in the late evening. You go to Walmart and there are 20+ people and 5 security with a security truck burning petrol in the lot. Some stores are just different.