Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

31November t1_iu4o6og wrote

Away_Swimming_5757 t1_iu4oqvt wrote

The pepperspray I carry is a very targetted squirt with minimal mist/ air diffusion. The person getting the squirt in the face would get majority of the spray. If the person is actually a threat and looking like they're going to harm someone, I would assume there is already a bit of isolation. After I spray the peppersray, people who were not the target would quickly move and create distance.

Not ideal, but I'd rather every on the subway cart is mad at me than let two teenagers on their way to school get assaulted and traumatized by some low life.

−9

31November t1_iu4sw61 wrote

That’s totally fair, but I would still be concerned with collateral damage (is that the right term?)

If somebody actually laid their hands on a teen or kid or elderly person, though, Or if it is a truly empty car I think I’m more okay with pepper spray. It’s all situational, ya know? I don’t know how I’d react if I was attacked in SEPTA.

I know there are unbreakable umbrellas that are like a baton but basically a heavy duty umbrella. I’ve thought about getting one for safety before moving here to go to Temple.