Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

LBITruckee OP t1_ivuj0c6 wrote

This park is suppose to be no dogs. However, I totally get why it’s a great place to bring them and I bring my own from time to time. There is literally a trash can as you leave the park. Just throw your dog’s sh*t away. This is trashy and why we can’t have nice things.

tacjos t1_ivulbd3 wrote

Can't count how many times I've cleaned up other dog shit at my local park, on the sidewalk outside, even in front of my own house..

LBITruckee OP t1_ivulgak wrote

There are about 6-7 bags there each time I go. Why even take the time to pick it up at that point?

Edit: why would this get downvoted. Lol

Guess people don’t like being called out.

muffpatty t1_ivup9wm wrote

While we are on the subject, don't put your shit bag in my empty trashcan on trash day so I have to smell it in my yard all week when the bag breaks. I don't have a dog. Dispose of your own pets shit or don't own a pet, you fucking animals.

Edit: probably downvoted by an entitled dog owner

[deleted] t1_ivuxh5h wrote

Philly is a shithole. Can’t wait till I leave this place. They do it all the time and leave on the corner.

Devin1405 t1_ivuynpv wrote

Some ass around my block always makes sure to bag their dog's shit...then leave the bag. Why even bother at that point

Ng3me t1_ivv3m4d wrote

Dog owners suck.

−1

Ng3me t1_ivv72uh wrote

And you’re more selfish than most. You’ve got a social order you’d like people to adhere to (poop bags) but a literally city ordinance enforcing a social order (no dogs) isn’t something you think is worth following. That’s pretty selfish.

goobdaddi t1_ivv8oi9 wrote

Ah yes the no dogs dog park. Idk what’s wrong with people. I actually don’t mind dogs using the park but the whole point is to avoid shit everywhere. Bagged or not.

dwfmba t1_ivv9p1j wrote

I'm so confused that there is a type of person who'd go to the length of bagging then ignoring this.

ILaikspace t1_ivvb2rb wrote

I’ve come to understand it doesn’t have to do with having enough trash bins it’s having too many trash people

IntoTheMirror t1_ivvgs2e wrote

I just don’t get it. Who do you think is gonna come around and get that for you? Because the answer is nobody. I have a park trash can on my walking route that the poop goes into. I know I’m just a dumb animal, but at least I pickup after my dog.

Raecino t1_ivvkxli wrote

Agree 100% fuck them! It’s also ALWAYS the people who just moved here (around my way anyway), zero respect for the neighborhood and their neighbors.

Finger_Gunnz t1_ivvm13j wrote

Technically they did, they just didnt clean up after themselves….which some would argue is worse.

malkith313 t1_ivvspjt wrote

I've noticed tossing the bags into the street seems to be a growing trend too

The-Waffle-Man t1_ivvzvuu wrote

Surprisingly common to find. As someone with a dog I’ll find people bagged their dogs shit but can’t be asked to carry it with them to the trash. It’s like they’re saying “well I did enough.” Idk. Maybe I’m half the problem since I’ll grab it and throw it in the trash since it’s already bagged.

which_witch_ru t1_ivw0npr wrote

The poo itself is not rude, its the human who left it. Why bag it and tie it just to leave it, I wonder 🤔

joeheller22 t1_ivw5a3u wrote

The worst are the people that just deposit it on the sewer grate

stressncoffee t1_ivwabv8 wrote

People suck! At my last place, one morning I walked outside and there was like 10-15 bags of poop on the stairs to the porch… I have no idea what we did wrong

_whatthehell_iswater t1_ivwcstf wrote

Only psychos go through all the effort of bringing a poop bag, using it and then not throwing it in a trash can. Prove me wrong.

teknos1s t1_ivwfnm5 wrote

I don’t get this shit. Like if you’re gonna bag it, why not toss it?

Homegrownfunk t1_ivy2vhg wrote

Singular persons who place their bag of poop in my full recycling bin

The_Prince1513 t1_ivyhht2 wrote

It's really mind boggling. There's like three separate trash cans in the other area of the park you have to walk through to leave, one of which is literally right next to the exit of the park.

People are just lazy.

Allemaengel t1_ivyloq3 wrote

I work as a municipal park manager outside Philly and even with doggy waste bags and multiple trash cans provided, people still do this or worse, sling them to hang in the trees and bushes for me to clean up.

Just the way some people are, unfortunately.

howwhywuz t1_ivyplqu wrote

I would love a dog owner who does this to do an AMA. I just truly can't understand the rationale.

C'mon, it's the internet. You can be anonymous!

Proper-Code7794 t1_iw1s71e wrote

Not only do I understand actually took courses in college about how they work and putting fecal matter in double layers of plastic is probably the most inefficient and methane-producing thing you can do

xxxguzxxx t1_iw9ftsb wrote

Technically they did there’s just no trash can.