Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

tkdsplitter t1_iwfa9ps wrote

The ODB McDonald’s in Grays Ferry got boarded up suddenly then torn down like 2 months ago without a word. There’s now a brand new McDonald’s in its place about to open. I go to the fresh grocer there every once in a while and was blown away watching it disappear then reappear.

I wonder if that’s what’s about to happen here.

Scumandvillany t1_iwg9q9d wrote

McDonald's has its own vetted construction contractors that it uses for builds. A lot of these firms sole business is rebuilding McDonalds quickly and efficiently. I knew a guy and that's literally all his company worked on.

TheBebsey t1_iwfgr21 wrote

If they are, they're not in a hurry. Gray's Ferry was demolished and the new one put up in what feels like record time (although every building site I've been around has taken them 2-3 years to get something even close to resembling a building, let alone being finished). They had a table out on the sidewalk for hiring applications last week, too, so they must be close?

benifit t1_iwg8hdy wrote

That renovation was honestly impressive to watch.

thecw t1_iwgb515 wrote

I love how it said "closed for renovations" and they just straight up demo'd it.

Fattom23 t1_iwib6kf wrote

That Gray's Ferry McDonald's should have been a historic landmark because of ODB.