Submitted by Nanis149 t3_z0rwzl in philadelphia

Hi! the title says most of the information. I have very curly/coily hair and I want to grow it out, but I need to get it cut first so it does grow past my neck. I want to go to an LGBT friendly hair place for it because I'm trans, and I know there are places that specialize in both. Problem is, I also don't have much money and most places I found cost a lot. Does anyone know any cheap places that fit this that I can go to that aren't extremely far away?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

-Yoake t1_ix85n4u wrote

I would try to go to Ace over at Transfiguration Hair Studio

Nanis149 OP t1_ixbr8yl wrote

I might do this, though tbh $40-$50 is a bit much, though I know that I probably could soon when I get paid, but considering that I'm sick right now, that's probably okay. thanks for the suggestion btw

casp514 t1_ixbhqvi wrote

They don't really specialize in anything as far as I know, and my hair is only a little bit curly so ymmv, but I see Dana at the Rodin Place/Art Museum Supercuts, they are also trans and super nice. And Supercuts is cheap.

Nanis149 OP t1_ixbqcyj wrote

tbh idk if this is the best idea for me because my hair needs special attention due to it being very curly/coily (4a). if nothing else, I'll go with this. thanks!

Angsty_Potatos t1_ixfv9i4 wrote

Mockingbird in east Passyunk. Ask for Dinney, they are NB and specialize in curly hair

feather_moon t1_ixgkrby wrote

I'd recommend Talking Headz, which is a very queer-friendly salon in West Philly. They have what are essentially sliding scale prices based on the experience level of the stylist, so you can maybe strike a balance between a price point and how much experience they have. They also have an online booking system so no need to call or message anyone! https://talkingheadzsalon.com/book/