Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

rddtact t1_iy6de6o wrote

It's on the T-Mobile network so same signal as them.

Works fine for me in NE, usually 3/5 bars.

LocalOnThe8s t1_iy6szoa wrote

But it's not top priority if the network is busy. It can be throttled

mittromneyshaircut t1_iy6ho8v wrote

I can vouch for it. Been on it for 3-4 years now without much issue in the city. Like someone said, it uses TMobile towers so it’s decent. Can’t beat the price imo

clawhatesyou t1_iy6uxvc wrote

Yup. Three years. No complains. Doesn’t work in most of Poconos (only Verizon works there), and some parts of outskirts Wilmington, DE.

ponte95ma t1_iy6kqwj wrote

Walking distance to Rittenhouse here. Only joined Mint a couple months ago, but cell service (over eSIM) has been fine on a Pixel 6.

Two blips: coverage sometimes "drops" to 4G ... and to no service entirely (but comes back to 5G after a quick restart).

I haven't looked for any patterns yet, but have only noticed the latter shortly after leaving the house. Maybe those track with times I've connected the device to my residential wifi, and the transitions confuse it? Dunno.

But also pleasantly surprised with Mint's customer service.

Edit to offer you $15 in renewal credit for a referral! DM me.

defusted t1_iy84i8c wrote

The problem with things like this and boost is that since the run on other companies towers they could get booted from the towers during peak use.

petalesdejuin t1_iy843v2 wrote

I have t-mobile and have been with them i think 5 years and honestly i never have any issues with service - inside or outside the city so if they use their towers i think you’d be pretty good!

Scumandvillany t1_iy7vp1r wrote

Works fine. 30$ a month unlimited-35GB- if you prepay for a year

porkchameleon t1_iy99fxj wrote

...what in fuck am I paying T-Mobile $80/month for? :O

Just checked: unlimited calls (I use fuck all total minutes a month), 2 GB data, the phone was paid off for almost a year. Fff...

HowIMetYourMurder t1_iy87351 wrote

I had it for three months and it was awful for me. I lived in rittenhouse and calls would drop all the time. And when they didn’t drop they would cut out constantly. For some reason every time I’d try to schedule an appointment the receptionists would have trouble hearing me. Beyond the call issues though it worked great. No problems with data or texts. So I guess it depends on what you use the most.

DippyMagee555 t1_iy8w80d wrote

Have it myself - it's good enough. No issues in city, but your signal will go in and out if you take any car trips. Best to download maps of wherever you're going beforehand.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think I read it has something to do with prioritization. It uses t-mobile towers, but when they're sparse the t-mobile customers get priority to the towers.

Feel free to send a message to me for a referral code, I believe if you sign up with one we both get a free month.

MegaUltraUser t1_iyaopx3 wrote

I have dual sims, Verizon for work and mint for personal. Mint works better downtown than Verizon...

Jaded-Trainer12 t1_iyavcsg wrote

Real talk. Had metro( who also uses T-Mobile towers). No problems with LG phone at all. They phased LG out got the Motorola Stylo..all types of problems. Data just twirling. Went to every Metro store. Could do nothing about that $50 plan. Was with them for 8 yrs. Just joined T mobile. Same money and a tablet ( another $10/ a month) and BAM..no data problem. T mobile let me keep my Motorola Stylus( first time since I bought it I had data leaving my house). Now I can use my phone any where. When I used to come home from places and my phone recognized the WiFi..that's when I get all my messages and Emails. T-Mobile saved a dude. Glad those that don't have TMobile are doing good..buti had to find out the hard way.🙏

dimethylman t1_iyda1w9 wrote

I have been using Mint for 3-4 years now and it’s been great. I travel all over south eastern PA for work and rarely have an issue. I also have a work phone on Verizon. There are more places that I’ve had bad Verizon service than Mint mobile service.