Submitted by RhapsodyQ t3_zl6hut in philadelphia

They are doing construction on a house a few down from ours and the line ended up in our yard. We aren't even sure if these are live wires. Are they old land line connections? Can we safely touch it to move it further away until PECO comes? We contacted the emergency line but of course it's going to be a few days.

https://imgur.com/a/dhXHGxl

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Indiana_Jawns t1_j03moo9 wrote

Report to 311. Regardless of if the lines are safe to move they shouldn’t be dropping anything in your yard

KenzoWap t1_j03u7tt wrote

I suspect they’re telecommunication lines (Verizon,Comcast).

HistoricalSubject t1_j03nb94 wrote

i think if you touch them its like being struck by lightning and if you don't die you get special powers, for instance you might be able to talk to animals like deer and other wildlife, probably raccoons and Orcas too. if not talk, then you will be able to "feel" them, you know like vibes or whatever? so its like a non linguistic form of communication and understanding. but again, this only happens if you dont die by electrocution after touching them.

DelcoWolv t1_j03l77g wrote

We had one like that on our house; turned out be a literal landline wire. It’s possible that’s what you have there.

RhapsodyQ OP t1_j03mcqv wrote

I have been wondering if that's what they are, but we don't want to risk touching them without knowing for sure.

Scumandvillany t1_j04iixb wrote

Looks like a POTS line to me.

Old two wire service has been eliminated in most of Philadelphia in favor of VOIP via Fios or comcast. Verizon got permission a few years ago to convert it all. I had one fall down, I just cut the wire threw it out.

If it's two wires coming out of the end, it's probably POTS.(plain old telephone service)

Brraaap t1_j03moq2 wrote

Looks like FIOS

dotcom-jillionaire t1_j04a5zg wrote

don't touch it, let the pros deal with it, but it looks like a tension wire (which is just a piece of inert metal wrapped in rubber)

−1