Submitted by quaquero t3_zxdhrc in philadelphia

I have a collection of about 20 scented candles in glass. Candles were gifts from well intentioned people (mostly family) but stashed away because I don't like scented candles. Any where in the area to donate? I can take them to city dump, but thought to check here first.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Brahette t1_j1zmxse wrote

Post on your local Buy Nothing group

urbantravelsPHL t1_j1zrigd wrote

Candles are always very popular on Buy Nothing groups, I second this

Brahette t1_j20nxv2 wrote

I also see a lot of used/empty candles gifted! A lot of people will reuse them to make their own candles and such. It's the gift that keeps on giving lol

snake_w_arms t1_j1zpv4s wrote

Put them out in a box that says free. They’ll be gone before you know it.

formerPhillyguy t1_j1zxf3h wrote

Want them gone even faster? Put $10 price on the box and a sign that says "do not steal".

stoned-alone00 t1_j20ccdy wrote

Totally second this. When I was gearing up to move I put tons of stuff out to get rid of and I was surprised how much of it moved. Not everything of course but I ended up only have to take a fraction of the stuff to a donation center.

drugsovermoney t1_j1zqljp wrote

philly aids thrift takes household items

formerPhillyguy t1_j1zxlus wrote

Post on the "Free" section of Craig's List. I've used this to get rid of a lot of stuff, including broken chunks of concrete.

_SundaeDriver t1_j20e37n wrote

Sounds like you have gifts for the family for the next few years. Those who give candles, get candles

FuzzyScarf t1_j1zqwwd wrote

My family just did a White Elephant exchange and you should have seen how many candles people brought as gifts!

Anyway, you might be able to donate them to Green Drop. They do take housewares.

dancing_light t1_j20pdti wrote

I recommend Buy Nothing groups, but I’ll happily take some off your hands! I burn candles often :)

PBfromPhilly t1_j1zm932 wrote

Maybe eBay? If they are unused, you could make a few bucks

RandomPhillyGuy t1_j20w097 wrote

Goodwill would certainly take them, a good cause

ModalEclipse t1_j225q1x wrote

You in south philly? I’ll take some candles lol

lissssxo t1_j22kved wrote

I’ll gladly take one, or a few! I’m over 13th and Oregon!

73Wolfie t1_j241tk1 wrote

go light every single one at the sight of the next child homicide victim