Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

succulent_flakepiece t1_j22c9cq wrote

i live in manayunk.. the people in the rnr group love to bitch about how this neighborhood is going to shit and blah blah blah... with the amount of shootings here you can count on one hand... vs anywhere else in the city.. esp NE/South Philly/Kensington .. it's still pretty calm here. these boomers have no idea what it's like outside of here.

sure it gets a little dicey around ridge/walnut & Henry/walnut and at some of the apartments, but nothing compares to elsewhere. Pre Pandemic I used to live in Grays Ferry between 28th & 29th and between Tasker and Dickinson... that was.... something. A shooting pretty much daily. The final straw was when i got home from work and i heard multiple shots from a semi automatic a block away as i just got out of my car. I couldn't do it anymore. These people would not survive down there

squirrel_eatin_pizza t1_j22fr5o wrote

there are so many boomers who moved to Florida but still stalk the RNR page, literally saying Roxborough is the new Kensington, how its not like the 70s anymore and its all Kranser's fault. They are screaming for Rox high to be shut down as if those high schoolers from Germantown are of less value than kids from Rox or Manayunk.

Kind_Session_6986 t1_j23w7vd wrote

We’re also in Manayunk. Family of 4 +dog. Working professional adults and middle schooler and elementary baby. Aside from the terrible grocery store options, it’s not terrible place and we’re out and about daily.

succulent_flakepiece t1_j242jco wrote

i don't mind it here. i walk my dog daily and never have any issues. there's crime and such all over.. just don't be dumb. the grocery stores do suck here though. i pretty much always drive to Wegmans or giant in the metroplex.