Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Scumandvillany t1_j2fe3qj wrote

I'm sorry you went thru this, really. I'm talking more about actual encroachment onto your property, not so much structural damage of an existing structure that results from construction next door.

felisverde t1_j2fjl2g wrote

I live in a row home. I have had contractors & developers encroach onto my property, w/out permission, more times than I can count..guys on my roof from both sides, guys in our yard from the back & both sides, huge construction vehicles driving over or parking on my sidewalk out front, etc...etc...etc....& If lifting & underpinning your house & foundation WITH YOU IN IT FFS, doesn't count as 'encroaching' on your property, then I just don't know wth does. (& No, I absolutely am not kidding)

felisverde t1_j2fkm6f wrote

Oh, another favorite..taking my scaffolding ladder off of MY side roof (I had been out there doing some siding repairs) that they had never asked or had permission to be on & putting it in the yard of the house they were working on, & the owner pulling the whole she thought it was theirs b/s & didn't have them put it back, I just had it handed back over my yard wall. Contactors & developers do whatever tf they want to do here, basically b/c they know they can & will get away w/it. The city only protects property owners while they're places are under development. After that, you're on your own.