Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Avenger020331 t1_j5705y5 wrote

If I remember correctly, from people at hospitals and on the job involved in said study, the study ended up being skewed. Let me look for a source.

Just personal anecdote at this point but if you guys saw the way these victims were thrown around the back of a police car going Mach Jesus down these mangled up Philly streets, with no airway care or bleeding control attempted, you might think that maybe waiting for an ambulance was a better option.

I’ve watched cops and doctors pull out what was a perfectly viable person out of the back of a police cruiser floor, not seat. They had been thrown around so violently and landed in a position that offered no airway control or bleeding control and were DOA by the time they hit the hospital. Obviously attempts were made to resus. them, but extended downtime in the back of a cruiser all tangled up did not help their case.

Just my hot take which counts for nothing after all, but an inside view might help.

themoneybadger t1_j5758fd wrote

I know many ER doctors that think the police program saves lives, so I guess that's your grain of salt. There is no one size fits all. Getting people to medical treatment ASAP is the goal.