Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Unfamiliar_Word t1_j37jt6p wrote

Well damn it all! I've found Jonathan Best very useful on occasion and found its presence reassuring. I appreciate the restaurants and specialty vendors at Reading Terminal Market, but like when it has more generalist vendors. This is a regrettable loss. I can only hope that something new takes its place soon enough.

Acrobatic_Advance_71 t1_j38spbk wrote

I agree. I do not buy from them often but if I need one thing I’ll stop there instead of making a second stop somewhere else. This is going to suck

oliver_babish t1_j38xms8 wrote

Yep, they are always my "oh, fuck, I forgot that I also need and I don't want to run to the supermarket" place -- tomato paste, a particular flour, they have so much.

LFKhael t1_j37h0zd wrote

Ah, fuck.

I guess that's why they didn't have any Woodstock sauces last time I went there.

espressocycle t1_j38535c wrote

I always found them pretty expensive and limited but it was nice to have an option for comestibles when shopping for meals.

pretzel_enjoyer t1_j3914uf wrote

50% off is not very useful when their markup is 50% more than my corner store. The flour I usually buy for $9 was $16 there!

DFWPunk t1_j39m3xg wrote

Now it's $8, which is less.

pmalla t1_j3a2cc1 wrote

Technically it’s 12$ because you have to buy 2 each at 12 .

MeEvilBob t1_j3a6ca3 wrote

Yeah, but you get 2 free when you buy 3 for the price of 5.

DanHassler0 t1_j3c4vqm wrote

They announced this about a week ago. They are looking for a similar tenant to replace this one, ideally selling the same stuff. Said the owner is retiring.

diatriose OP t1_j3c57zo wrote

They're closing at the end of February

pillingz t1_j3cgg4b wrote

There used to be a Jonathan’s best in chestnut hill. Was sad when it left. Now I’m even sadder.

espressocycle t1_j384woq wrote

=⁠⁠=o⁠:⁠-⁠)*⁠\⁠0⁠/=⁠⁠=