Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

TrentonMakes t1_j6e0uq5 wrote

I used to be a part of the scene here and I can tell you now from experience we drivers were untouchable. The cops aren’t allowed to do anything to us unless they want to get us big paid and lose their jobs because they’re not allowed to chase for traffic stuff, the city officials don’t care because they’re probably outside the city, it was fun. I hang out with a more mature crowd now but if you’re losing your mind in January just wait until June.

eer1chill t1_j6e6eix wrote

I like the honest take. Your right, this is gonna be a bad summer with the way things have been going. I wonder if the city is going to start getting it all figured out before 2026. So many huge things happening and the city needs to be ready and able.

TrentonMakes t1_j6ek7nz wrote

I’m sure I’ll get hate for it but I’m telling it how it is. Sure the city can use their one helicopter to track cars but fuel is expensive and I know they’re not going to waste all that money and resources for what are going to be traffic tickets at the end of the day if you get busted. We’ve had some guys get caught but it was just fines, no points, no suspensions if you got a good traffic lawyer.

missionspooky t1_j6ens4t wrote

Hey, thanks for being honest and giving insight into what goes on. Appreciate ya.

APettyJ t1_j6ef5sv wrote

One thing I looked forward to in the winter was the relative respite from bike culture that the cold weather provided, but the last couple of winters have provided no such break.