Submitted by Bguiliano t3_108iyl2 in philadelphia

Hi,

Next month I have a very early flight (5am) I was thinking of parking in the upper levels of the garage in the airport. However, it doesn’t appear that you can book spots in advance

Does anyone know if spot are likely available and how quick they fill up?

Not sure what I would do if I get there and no spots and not sure about Uber/Lyft at the time I would need to arrive

Thanks

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

beeps-n-boops t1_j3st0n1 wrote

I always go off-site, specifically Smart Park. You can reserve in advance, and they shuttle you over to the airport.

flamehead2k1 t1_j3skex3 wrote

That early you'll be fine. Worst case your specific terminal is full and you go to the one next to it.

Each terminal has a sign indicating how many spots are available when you drive up as does each floor of the garage.

IrishWave t1_j3unuvh wrote

>Each terminal has a sign indicating how many spots are available when you drive up as does each floor of the garage.

Do these signs actually work? They always seem incredibly far off from how many spaces are available.

viaHologram t1_j3vz025 wrote

These are wildly inaccurate from my experience. Recently went up and tried every floor of C Parking because it was saying dozens available on each level. There wasn't a single spot until I crammed into a half-taken spot on the roof.

fish_spoon t1_j3uf3y5 wrote

I usually travel on Sunday/Monday, and I never have much trouble finding parking. A few times my terminal's garage was full, so I just went to one next to it and walked an extra 2 minutes.

I don't think the signs showing how many spaces are left are too accurate. I've gone in before when it said 13 and the 4th floor was empty

FlowJoeX t1_j3w82q9 wrote

I use Lyft. On there I know you can schedule a pickup ahead of time, the day before for example, to arrive at a desired time. In the city I have never had an issue with someone coming at any time for a pickup.

goobdaddi t1_j3wgz9n wrote

You’ll be fine as others said if your terminal is full go to the next one. Not a far walk and much better than dealing with a shuttle.