Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ipaglynner t1_j4kx86y wrote

Bridgeport PA

Thinking of relocating from Oaklyn NJ and buying a home. 3 bedrooms with a little yard. I like my quiet neighborhood. I have a dog and a small backyard. I have kids and feel comfortable letting them play outside. I have a little main street with a brewery and some food shops. I like the idea of having a walkable neighborhood. I drove around Bridgeport today a bit, hit Puddlers and Rib House, both were pretty cool. I don’t know much about the area at all. Looking for some insight. Safety, community vibes, traffic, anything really. Would appreciate any of your thoughts on the area!

FrankGrimesApartment t1_j4ky5yn wrote

The things I'd like about Bridgeport are the proximity to the Norristown Septa station...can walk there, and the Schuylkill River Trail. The town is also not far from Conshohocken.

Other than that, looks like a pretty sleepy little town if thats your thing.

RoverTheMonster t1_j4l1u1y wrote

I have friends who bought a house there and they absolutely love it. Couple in their 30s without kids, but they’re right by the memorial park which has activities for kids throughout the year (and IMO the most underrated views in the area). One of them walks to SEPTA in Norristown to get to work, the other drives to their work in KOP. Everything they need and want is close by. Honestly, if I were to move to the burbs I’d look there

MRDoc2727 t1_j4oa8vl wrote

Bridgeport is prone to flooding, so make sure to check a flood zone map and just look around when you are looking for places to make sure you are up the hill

decentchinesefood t1_j4l12r2 wrote

Realtor here, I've had buyers consider Bridgeport before. It's pretty relaxed, with decent access to Center City via regional rail. Definitely some stuff to walk to. Probably similar to Oaklyn!

Prices aren't bloated, which is cool. Typical 3-beds are around $320-$330K, but I've shown listings as low as $270K before there. So, I like that.

Not sure if you own or rent out in NJ, but property taxes there are $2-4K more per year, in general. Bridgeport's taxes look in line with Philly, and much more manageable.