Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

SilverBolt52 t1_j4lf3en wrote

Hey so in October my fiancee and I will be married and want to talk to a realtor about moving to the area.

I used to love Lansdowne and wanted to move there as she doesn't want to live in the city and it seemed like a good compromise. But I haven't been there in years and have heard it's going downhill fast. How bad is it? Is it safe? I used to love the atmosphere there but haven't been in the area in a few years now.

timbrelyn t1_j4lojes wrote

Try Compass RE 267-435-8015 and ask for Jennifer Nehila. She’s fantastic, super knowledgeable and friendly. She has been in the business 15 years and knows the city and suburbs well. We used her to purchase our first home and I believe she does rentals too. Good Luck! Can’t say much about Lansdowne personally as I live in the city.

Conscious-Raccoon-88 t1_j4mftyx wrote

It’s not bad in comparison to places around but yeah has been on the decline a bit, still a peaceful little town though.

SilverBolt52 t1_j4o9ta1 wrote

We're coming from a small town in the middle of the state where literally nothing happens so... Yeah, we might try for Drexel Hill then if we can afford it.

pigeon_simulator t1_j4xb334 wrote

Visit r/delco, but to answer your question, Lansdowne is fine. It's only "going downhill fast" according to the pearl-clutchers in Newtown Square. I live in the township next to Lansdowne (literally across the border). They have a cute main street area that's slowly and steadily rebuilding itself after Covid. Crime isn't really a big problem there, especially when compared to nearby Upper Darby and Clifton Heights. Regional rail access is a huge plus as well.

Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions about the area.

pvtradio72 t1_j4qk3fz wrote

If you're looking to buy, Michael Garden with Compass is 11/10. He has been doing Philly real estate for a long time. He knows the neighborhoods and helped us find a good one based on our needs. He doesn't do buyers contracts because he doesn't want you to feel locked in. He will also let you know if based on your needs and situation, renting for a while is a better option.

Every one of his recommendations for title and inspections were wonderful to work with as well. It was by far my best experience with home buying I've ever had.