Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

DoctorDream614 t1_j8wqlu8 wrote

We could be in a simulation. Ur inner gut feelings that have steered u away from making a different course of action and if u had stuck with ur plan u wos have been dead. Couldn't ur self intuition or ur instincts could be considered actions programed in to u or u are being controlled by a different higher being that created this simulation and the voice and feeling of danger ahead let me take a different path could be our minds and actions being controlled or influenced by some program that's running off a specific specialized state of events and actions that have been programed or is it that we are a random beta version and.no laid out definitive guide to be followed is being used and it's all just luck or again we are being controlled by someone else outside our matrix

Qawali t1_j90d3nz wrote

i always kind of hated this “we live in a simulation” shit

okay, lets say that we are in a simulation. then what. what the fuck are you gonna do about it. youre gonna live anyway, so whats the difference? its literally just some “what if?” ass question. its essentially the same thing as asking “what if we were put here by a god?” you dont know, and it doesnt matter either way.

AcuteValidation t1_j99xgfr wrote

That sounds like something an agent in charge of running the simulation would say to a patient(s) who is close to discovering the truth, in order to maintain the ruse. Just kidding. I too regard it as baseless and arbitrary.

TeaStainedTees t1_j90rv0f wrote

Not only have you failed to properly define what you mean by “simulation” in this sense, you have waffled your way into the realm of bias.

I have one question, which in turn should undo your argument.

“What about people who aren’t guided by intuition and have accidents, sometimes with fatal results?”

ODS

DoctorDream614 t1_j911sjk wrote

It's all programed like a call of duty match there's NPC's or maybe whoever wanted to kill their human