Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

A_scar_means_I_live t1_iqw4prd wrote

On aimlessness, self expression, and purpose.

The feeling of aimlessness can be likened to being surrounded by various pools of water, and occasionally dipping one’s toes into one; these pools represent the different passions one can devote their lives to. As you age the people around you submerge themselves: some without a second thought. You never decide on one on the grounds that you might swim greater in another; the fear being that once you submerge yourself fully, you cannot return to idly sitting at the water's edge. Through the fear of devotion you end up depriving yourself from self-expression; so great is your fear of closing off just the option of exploring other avenues of purpose, that you unwittingly close yourself off to any purpose.

Elfo2022 t1_iqy5dtj wrote

I have a bubble of faith that I go to when I require spirituality breaks, but all other times I work, contribute to society and no one knows what's in my Bubble because they don't need to. I find this method to work best and does not affect anything but myself it also allows me to be med free and truly happy