Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

heroicgamer44 t1_j4v1tul wrote

Precisely. I don’t think most “ ditzy girls” have intelligence in the academic sense (academics are far too egotistical) but I do think they’re incredibly socially intelligent

snoringpuppy5 t1_j4vbd9z wrote

As a woman my experience has been that some are true ditzes. Many are very smart women who are dumbing themselves down intentionally in order to appeal (socially in a variety of ways) to certain men perceived -- usually correctly -- to have power. Thank God for all the smart good men.

heroicgamer44 t1_j4vd8si wrote

Thank god for all the intentionally dumb women for allowing our egos to dance

snoringpuppy5 t1_j4vdgjd wrote

Hahahaha fair enough. I just ahhh I try to be genuine and clear. Anything else is a waste of energy.

heroicgamer44 t1_j4ve07u wrote

I’m the exact same. If you’re going to treat life like a performance is might as well be a genuine one

snoringpuppy5 t1_j4w8esh wrote

How have you seen people treat life as a performance? Who are they performing for usually, their parents?

heroicgamer44 t1_j4wiwfy wrote

Many people. Their parents, their friends etc. In some cases, people perform for people they have have yet to know, people they aspire to be aquatinted with.

The “fake it til you make it” sentiment comes to mind. Many will construct an exterior image of the person they’d like to be and gradually apply more personalised touches to that image until it feels truly real to them.

I think a lot of people have issue with this. They persue a job that will ordained by a parent, they find a wife based on the wishes of their parent or the recommendations of someone else, they have a child and fashion their house as convention would dictate.

Something like the fountainhead led me to question the nature of originality and what , of the many things we take pride in and label as uniquely “us”, merely comes from the mind and governance of someone else