Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Re-lar-Kvothe t1_j4wy69s wrote

Simple, because though we don't see the world through the same color eyes, they will defend me to the death if necessary, as I woukd them.

Or were you being sarcastic?

PostModernCombat t1_j4wyqrc wrote

Do you often find yourselves in potentially lethal standoffs? Tell me about this iris pigment based defence pact you have going there.

Re-lar-Kvothe t1_j4x48f6 wrote

Never in "potentially lethal standoffs." We argue vehemently about topics we are.passionate about but when all is said and done we realize we are not going to solve world hunger and recognize we are all in this together. We are striving for the same.goals and have different paths in mind to achieve thise goals.

We joke about the "philosophical bullshit" that seems to control our lives. We realized long ago it's just that, bullshit. And unless one of becomes POTUS there is nothing are arguments will change. We.chose different ways to address problems beyond our control. Rather than argue and hate we chose to empathize and understand each other. We have been a tight knit group for more than 45 years. Even though we have different philosophies on life and how to live it.

PostModernCombat t1_j4xabir wrote

So your friends actually do like to talk about philosophy and even macroeconomics with you, they just find your point of view at times problematic, and you’ve never had to defend each other “to the death…” I gotta say this whole thing has been kind of anticlimactic.