Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

johnnyfontain t1_iujb16y wrote

As a kid, this would have been my dream house to Trick or Treat to.

workingtoward t1_iujigjk wrote

Our neighbors used to present full-size candy bars on a silver platter and let us choose one. It was so elegant and impressive that I still remember it 50 years later.

BriRun1 t1_iujbaap wrote

Where have you been all my life? Happy Halloween!

illcallyourightback t1_iujbhv2 wrote

This is awesome. Nothing better than seeing their faces after you give them a full size bar. Thanks for keeping the fun alive. Happy Halloween.

Chalky_Cupcake t1_iuk6fwm wrote

you mean nothing better than seeing them SNAP InTO a SLIM JIM!

iamnobody1970 t1_iujczah wrote

Thank you for being a good neighbor

[deleted] t1_iujqb8j wrote

Man I don’t get trick-or-treaters at my house.. but if I ever live where I do, I’m absolutely giving out some beef sticks!! Some to snack on and some to give out. Great spread and happy Halloween!

JesusSaysRelaxNvaxx t1_iuk7nun wrote

I keep hearing this every year, more and more, and I don't know if there are just literally less kids, or the kids aren't allowed to stay out and roam different neighborhoods, or what, but no one I talk to seems to have tricky or treaters anymore. I don't get them because I'm in an apartment complex so it wouldn't make much sense, but even my parents and coworkers and acquaintances nearly all say the same thing after Halloween.

[deleted] t1_iuk8sqd wrote

Oh no, I think there are still kids etc.. I just live out in the country and not in a neighborhood. Granted, I do think there is much more of a “safety” factory now though…. Lame. Trick or treating was one of my favorites and I still love Halloween

Cover_Some t1_iujhwfl wrote

Picturing the parents when their kid comes home with a pickled sausage 🤣

Amazing dedication, love it.

ClassroomAlert3578 t1_iujgqpj wrote

Send me your address so that I may bask in your caloric glory!

Shonkbonk t1_iujqqdt wrote

I’ll take a big mama please

ajh6288 t1_iujripg wrote

Happy Halloween and enjoy your beef sticks and trident gum!

dangerzzzzoneee t1_iujbmdc wrote

A full bars kind of person, classy and elegant. 10/10

RockyDify t1_iujgzht wrote

Do you expect to give all of that out?

laclair1000000 OP t1_iujhvch wrote

No. What's left I will bring most to the hospital and keep some for myself.

DamageCase13 t1_iujiqte wrote

Your house is definitely the one all the kids on the street can't wait to get to! So awesome, you'll make some kids nights.

Longjumping_Bed2907 t1_iujjvcl wrote

I’d I’d always make sure as a kid to hit your house up every year !

joepopo-mtg t1_iujmjnm wrote

Actual question as a French immigrant in the USA. Why do full size candy? Kids seem to hoard a LOT for Halloween, I am not sure they could eat all they get if it was small size. So what is the benefit of distributing large size ones?

Note perhaps it doesn’t apply to this house because there s awesome variety as well. That’s truly wholesome. The fascination with the size is what puzzles me.

Citadelvania t1_iujuqwk wrote

Candy usually lasts a pretty long time. Kids eat halloween candy over the course of months sometimes.

Slammedtgs t1_iujn73u wrote

We have the full sized variety pack for this year. I always wanted the full sized as a kid but they were a rarity.

Now that I’m an adult I hand them out. We only get about 20 kids a night so it works of better, and we don’t eat the left overs.

[deleted] t1_iujnj5e wrote

Jesus, send the address.

srsacc17 t1_iujyzqj wrote

We use to spend like 200 usd in candies every year, we would buy halloween themed bags and a halloween balloon attached to it, and fill the bags with the candies we bought, we end up with like 100 trick or treat bags, we don't have kids, but we love kids :)

Stezheds t1_iuk9hkb wrote

Trident? Ok I guess for the Mormons