Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

MaximusJCat t1_iy7xs5y wrote

It also looks fake. The pixels around the letters don’t match the pixelation in the rest of the image.

SteveMcQwark t1_iy88gb5 wrote

That's really just jpeg artifacting around a high contrast feature of the image. You can see the same thing on the license plate.

anon2282 t1_iy8smw1 wrote

The angle of the text looks off, too.

oh-propagandhi t1_iy9m0r7 wrote

It's black ink on a white vinyl rectangle. It was placed poorly. You can see the corners. As a graphic designer and photo manipulator none of this looks fake, if it is it was expertly done.

I would assume that this is guerilla messaging done by someone who has access to vinyl printing equipment and upwards of half a brain.

pichael288 t1_iy83win wrote

It could be a sticker that's kind of fucked up. Usually when the letters look like that and the pixelation is not the same sized pixels as the rest of the image, it's a sign of photoshop

Type31 OP t1_iy7y98p wrote

I see what you mean. It does look fake. But it’s very much real I assure you.

MaximusJCat t1_iy7ypwy wrote

With the knowledge that you probably took this photo then. Be curious to know if this is some form of graffiti? Originally zoomed in because it looked like paper with the text on it, which led to seeing the pixels, so maybe this is something someone pasted on the bus and not something done with the intent of the school.

Type31 OP t1_iy84b1s wrote

No idea. I took it whilst driving to work this morning. It looks like they’ve painted over the bit where they wanted to put the writing before applying it. Maybe to make the writing more adhesive?