Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

DammitDad420 OP t1_jadzody wrote

I love shows at Hartwood, we go to a lot of them. This event is a major turn off for all the reasons we love the Hartwood experience.

$25 to PARK (Lord only knows how much these tickets will be)

NO DOGS :-| (It's. A. Park.)

No coolers or outside food & bev - ThE vEndIng iS paRt Of tHe eXperIenCe. (Bring your wallet, and it better be fat)

"Law enforcement agencies will be onsite at WonderWorks. Everyone is subject to be searched at the gate."

−1

sj070707 t1_jae0f10 wrote

The presale tickets were $60 for the weekend. They'll be more than that now but for two solid days of music that's not bad. It will be two stages so there's very little down time between sets.

Note that this is a much different experience than a usual free show at Hartwood so yes, they're trying to make their money through other means.

If it's like last years event, you're allowed reentry so there was the option to tailgate at your car and not rely on vendors for food.

If festivals aren't something you're used to, I can answer more questions about what to expect though I'm no expert.

HarpPgh t1_jaeewn1 wrote

It’s also an attempt to bring a large scale music festival to the city which is good for tourism, engagement of the young professionals Pittsburgh sometimes struggles to retain, and pretty exciting no matter how you paint it. Although I agree with it potentially being logistical nightmare and a public park, I think that’s unfortunately what comes with these things (ie Lollapalooza in Chicago). But it’s an awesome step in the right direction in my opinion and there’ll only lessons to learn from it.

I’m assuming Tull is behind this, which if (and only if) he can use his powers for good, I’m all for it.

DammitDad420 OP t1_jaehpoh wrote

Fair.

What happened with Loll in Chi?

HarpPgh t1_jaemg3r wrote

I don’t think there was anything tragic but their challenge is trying to gate sections of the park off while keeping people from breaking in and causing a mess. Highly highly doubt this’ll get to that level though out there in Hartwood lol

Aggravating_Foot_528 t1_jaf0qfq wrote

$25 to park is fair because it's very very limited parking with 2 lane roads leading to the venue. The more they charge for parking the more people will carpool or find alternative types of transportation.