Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

69FunnyNumberGuy420 t1_jcfl2ec wrote

So we don't die in squeeze crashes like this lady did.

https://www.wtae.com/article/arrest-in-oakland-crash-that-killed-woman-riding-bike/7479508

This particular thing exemplifies pointless driver rage in this city. Cyclists perform this innocuous act that harms no one in order to keep themselves from getting killed in a rear end crash, and drivers absolutely lose their minds over it. They act like cyclists are somehow doing it at them, instead of doing it to stay safe.

https://www.cbsnews.com/pittsburgh/news/oakland-motorist-bicyclist-road-rage-attack/

As long as drivers act like their commutes are a competition that they have to "win", our roads are never going to get any safer.

TonyUncleJohnny412 OP t1_jcfmt8c wrote

The incident that prompted this post was a cyclist in Sq. Hill going around me at a red light on a residential street when there was nobody else behind me. I then had to drive behind them for a few blocks for no reason. I’m not angry, just wondering why they would do that when there was nobody behind me.

69FunnyNumberGuy420 t1_jcfn9m0 wrote

> The incident that prompted this post was a cyclist in Sq. Hill going around me at a red light on a residential street when there was nobody else behind me.

And there's nothing wrong with the cyclist doing that.

> I then had to drive behind them for a few blocks for no reason. I’m not angry,

Okay.

Just because there was no one behind you when that cyclist filtered up doesn't mean there wouldn't be anyone pulling up behind sooner or later.

Driving is not a competition. You do not have to be first. You do not have to "win". Quit treating it like a competition.

embodiedwoman2 t1_jcixuve wrote

When we have to get to work not an hour late, it actually does matter. Most people don’t drive for recreation we are trying to get to jobs and such.

69FunnyNumberGuy420 t1_jcj0h0i wrote

Leave earlier, dumbass. Don't make your laziness someone else's problem.

embodiedwoman2 t1_jdaskth wrote

Eeeek so rude for no reason. Cringe.

TonyUncleJohnny412 OP t1_jdcp2ct wrote

That’s nearly every comment with this guy. Spends his whole day in the Pittsburgh and PA subs attacking people. Doesn’t seem like a happy guy.

S4ltyInt3ractions t1_jcpe81f wrote

There was something wrong with the cyclist doing that. They were being an unnecessary dickhead

69FunnyNumberGuy420 t1_jcq3ts3 wrote

And this is the root of the problem. You, and other drivers, think that a cyclist doing something to protect themselves is being a dickhead. Because drivers in this city are selfish assholes who think their commute is a competition they have to "win".

Cyclists aren't doing it at you, they're doing it to stay safe. Quit thinking everything is about you.

S4ltyInt3ractions t1_jcqc8ec wrote

First off you don't know my bike status I ride in this city. Second, being aware of your surroundings is what keeps you safe not not rigid protocols like some sort of autonomous car. In the instance in reference the cyclist was a dickhead just as in this instance you are as well reddit isn't a competition you have to "win" quit thinking everything revolves around you and stay safe out there.

69FunnyNumberGuy420 t1_jcqrrjc wrote

https://www.cbsnews.com/pittsburgh/news/oakland-motorist-bicyclist-road-rage-attack/

Yeah, the cyclist is the dickhead in this situation.

I'll do what it takes to keep myself safe, including filtering. If that makes me a dickhead to some asshole with terminal carbrain, so be it.

S4ltyInt3ractions t1_jcqt1xo wrote

Yeah the strawman link still makes you a dickhead lol

69FunnyNumberGuy420 t1_jcqtaij wrote

That dispute was over filtering.

The problem here is that people stuck in their cars see someone moving faster than they are and they get mad over it because it's unfair in their opinion. No more, no less. The arguing over legality is just window dressing for their little baby brains getting mad over being passed.

I don't want to get killed in a squeeze crash so I'm going to filter. Cope and seethe.

TonyUncleJohnny412 OP t1_jcqw19u wrote

Maybe people would take your opinion more seriously if you weren’t such an insufferable cunt in literally every comment you post. There’s a reason your history is full of downvotes and arguments.